Monday, October 3, 2016

Celebration of Transitus in General Curia

Leader: On Saturday evening, October 3rd, 1226, the Little Poor Man of Assisi, knowing that Sister Death was at hand, asked to be placed naked on the bare ground. The grieving brothers consented to his wish, and he rested his hand over his chest to hide its wound from view.


Then one of his companions, by Divine Inspiration, loaned him his own tunic, gently placing it over Francis. This delighted the saint, for now he was truly Christ’s beggar, clothed in a borrowed habit. He was content to die in this perfect embrace of Lady Poverty

 In the same way that he had begun his religious life divesting himself of his clothing before the bishop, he wished to finish his life despoiled of everything, in imitation of his crucified Master. Francis, insofar as he was able, broke out in praise to Christ with a psalm:
 Erivan and Willie preparing for the Transitus...prayer service......
 We look like retried Bishops....of some Mission Dioceses!!!!!!


 Raffaele prepared the Transitus....we started it in the Garden...good number of sisters were present....
 This afternoon Fr. Raffael had a practice for all of us.....who had to read or preside....he is really a good novice master and spiritual father...


 We processed from Garden to the Chapel........in great silence.....what a great feeling....


 We participated spiritually in the passing of our father and founder Francis.....

 Br. Raffael leading us into those last moments of St. Francis......
 Hear, O Lord, my prayer: in your faithfulness listen to my pleading; answer me in your justice. Do not enter into judgment with your servant; before you no living being can be just. The enemy has pursued me; they have crushed my life to the ground. They have left me in darkness like those long dead. My spirit is faint within me; my heart is dismayed. I remember the days of old; I ponder all your deeds; the works of your hands I recall. I stretch out my hands to you; I thirst for you like a parched land.

Hasten to answer me, Lord; for my spirit fails me. Do not hide your face from me, lest I become like those descending to the pit. At dawn let me hear of your kindness, for in you I trust. Show me the path I should walk, for to you I entrust my life. Rescue me, Lord, from my foes, for in you I hope. Teach me to do your will, for you are my God. May your kind spirit guide me on ground that is level. For your name’s sake, Lord, give me life; in your justice lead me out of distress. In your kindness put an end to my foes; destroy all who attack me, for I am your servant. [Psalm 143/142]

No comments: