Sunday, August 3, 2014

Philosophy House Kotagiri

From Coimbatore to Kotagiri is about 75Km and we had a pleasant journey by a jeep. Kotagiri is a hill station and the climate now is very pleasant. The temperatures today are about 20 degree. Its cold for us here. I reached around 3pm and was welcomed by the Rector and prefect of studies. The brothers performed aarti, shawl, a bouquet and welcome song. What a great feeling i had. wonderful fraternal reception. The fraternity made me feel at home. we had Kotagiri Tea. Its special tea since it is grown here. You can see a lot of tea and coffee gardens. I am going to enjoy tea for two days. The brothers are from both the provinces. The staff is young and energetic. 
This evening i begin the visitation with an hour of adoration and an opening talk. Tomorrow onwards i begin meeting the brothers. On my agenda there is a visit to the cloistered sisters too. Great, I am meeting our sisters too! I am happy to share with them my experience of capuchin spirituality and charism.
 This is the old friary....



 The Chapel where many capuchins have prayed and mediated. This friary was once a theology house for the united province of India.


 The rose garden is full of roses....what a beautiful garden it is.......

No comments: